Goodness! A week and a half has gone by already…! Life is busy with two little people running around the house… AND life is busy when you start implementing some goals, right?
Earlier this year, as I started to get my mojo back and was getting excited to find some time for “me” again, I made a list of seemingly-easy-to-achieve goals. Things like:
- Read one book a month. (I’m one month behind, but have two going right now!)
- Get outside. Everyday. (Doing it!)
- Walk 3 miles, 3-4 times a week. (Yes!)
- Meditate. (Currently doing about 4 days a week – looking to do 7.)
- Eat healthier. (Did Whole30 in March, then switched to Paleo. Feeling great!)
- Start strength training. (Started strength training on Monday!)
- Get back in the habit of going to church.
- Have a social outing with a friend at least once a month. (Yes!)
- Date night (or day) with the hubby at least once a month. (Yes!)
- Complete one project around the house each week. (Yes!)
This past weekend, I crammed all of these things in! Finished a book – “A Man Called Ove.” LOVED IT. Camped out in the yard with the family, complete with a filled kiddie pool and campfire with marshmallows! Walked. Meditated. Tried new, yummy Paleo meals. Joined the YMCA. Went to church to celebrate some of my former youth group students graduating high school. Went to a concert with a girlfriend. Worked on pretty-ing up the front porch. (Only thing missing was a date with the hubby!)
And it feels good.
I’m starting to find a groove again. I’m more patient with the kids – and myself. Summer is here, and I’m hoping to take it a day at a time and enjoy it!
What are some goals you’re working on? Small things. Easy things. Things that only require you to make a small chunk of time and prioritize it? (Notice my goals aren’t “lose 30lbs” or “learn to play guitar,” Lovely ideas. But, I need achievable right now. Things that bring joy – that don’t lead to failure or let down.) It’s a great place to start!